American Express Careers
The Global Strategy & Support group (GSS) plays a central role in bringing the brand to life for the customers and help American Express achieve its vision of becoming the world's most respected service brand. As a part of GSS, you contribute in enabling American express to operate at its best by delivering world-class servicing strategies, developing Incentive programs, providing analytical insights into performance/Customer feedback and re-engineering business processes in order to achieve expense reduction, revenue generation and improve process yield and efficiency.
The analyst must further demonstrate outstanding collaboration and partnership with multiple functional teams including: Operations, Technology & Risk Management/Risk Finance partners in order to stay abreast of the volatile global demand environment.
- The incumbent will drive process transformation and Provide Analytical & Decision Support
- Solve complex business problems, leveraging leading technologies like SAS, Big Data, Hadoop, Java, Hive, Pig, Python, SQL
- Support the business with process improvements, feasibility studies, demand management, & defect elimination framework, for the purpose of improving customer satisfaction and demand reduction
- Addressing information gaps by developing leading indicators and providing insightful analytics
- Design processes and work across the business to drive improved data integrity and governance
- Work closely with operations leaders , project managers, & other cross functional teams to identify new opportunities and work on developing and implementing existing ideas and projects
- Query large sets of data, analyze them, draw conclusions, and make recommendations to the business using statistical and data mining techniques combined with business and operational knowledge
- Should be able to communicate with all levels of leadership and drive influence / decision making
- Work on more complex process improvement and capability initiatives leveraging project management discipline and rigor.
- This position requires a creative and innovative professional
- Strategic thought leadership and execution skills, strong negotiation skills, and good relationship with technical people and senior management
- Strong analytic skills & ability to work with complex processes and perform complex data analysis
- Strong track record of managing change effectively
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment are required
- Strong Project Management Skills, Ability to Work on Multiple Projects, And Work Effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to take risk and challenge the status quo
- Passion, Resilience & Decisive Strong sense of personal accountability
- Strong decision making, systematic problem solving, and ability to negotiate and influence others without having direct authority is required
- Proven ability to challenge status quo and conventional wisdom to transform processes.
- Ability to clearly articulate concepts and execution of projects; should be able to translate complex analysis into a business storyboard that is easy understood.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 7, 2019, 12:40:08 PM