American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Global Commercial Alliances
The B2B Networks and Automation team is a newly formed growth group within the Global Commercial Services organization looking to leverage the enormous payments and technology assets that American Express offers to enable fundamentally new revenue streams across new market segments including B2B Networks, ERP, and Digital Marketplaces. These market segments represent >$100 trillion in B2B supply chain transaction value that is currently outside the reach of the traditional American Express portfolio, go-to-market approach, and business models.
The Global Commercial Alliances team is the arm of the B2B Networks and Automation organization charged with recruiting and managing B2B partnerships. This team identifies and develops relationships with fintech software providers focused on managing various aspects of a business’s supplier spend. This Senior Manager will own both new and existing relationships, coordinating global activities spanning partnership strategy, joint product development, sales, marketing, and performance measurement.
The Sr. Manager, Global Commercial Alliances will be responsible for:
Lead the all aspects of the partner lifecycle for assigned alliance programs to include; alliance strategy, commercial structure, joint solution development, go-to-market, and ongoing management
Develop and present comprehensive business cases and strategic road maps to “sell-in” strategic initiatives to key internal and external stakeholders
Create a “Path to Revenue” by developing and executing holistic go-to-market strategies, incorporating Digital Marketing, Sales, Account Development, Events and Value Added Resellers among others
Work cross-functionally within GCS and AXP teams, including Digital Platforms & API, Product Management, Product Design, Pricing, Finance, field organization, Brand, Events and GCO to bring new deals to market
Prepare and present updates on assigned alliance relationships to leadership throughout the organization
Lead ad-hoc projects related to B2B Alliance Management as needed
- Innovative and strategic thinker with entrepreneurial mindset. Comfortable working in “white-space” environment. Can take an idea and run with it
- Excellent at connecting the dots: can take multiple concepts/products/solutions and come up with holistic view on how they would work together
- Proven ability to build and manage effective relationships with internal & external partners
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally and influence across all levels of organization
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage multiple partners and tasks
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with ability to tailor message to a diverse set of audiences (e.g. sales, partner, prospect, senior management)
- B2B marketing / relationship management / sales experience preferred
- Strong understanding of B2B Commerce and payments landscape
- Experience with putting together complex project plans
- Experience negotiating with external partners a strong plus
- Marketing experience a plus, particularly in consumer financial services or B2B payments
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment and developing relationships across organizational boundaries
- Commercial partnerships experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of B2B Payments Industry a plus
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Ability to travel 5-10% as required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2019, 8:49:09 PM