American Express Careers
Manager/ Senior Manager - Commercial Credit Risk Oversight
The Risk Oversight organization within Global Risk, Banking, and Compliance (GRBC) is responsible for identifying and managing risk across all processes and geographies at American Express.
The incumbent will identify, assess, measure, and manage commercial credit risk. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting independent risk assessments, providing effective challenge to first line teams, and ensuring that significant risks are promptly identified.
This role provides development and growth opportunities for candidates, including the ability to learn and apply key principles of consumer credit risk management.
- Conduct quantitative analysis on risk management data to drive insights and recommendations for first line teams
- Conduct independent reviews of consumer credit risk processes and provide effective challenge to first line teams
- Identify credit risk metrics (e.g. KRIs and KPIs) to continuously monitor and oversee risk
- Develop requirements to support the next generation risk capabilities (e.g. Smart Monitoring)
- Produce credit risk dashboards for AXP Risk Committees
- Analyze trends in the charge and lending portfolios and conduct deep dive analysis to understand key drive
- Credit risk management experience;
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective;
- Experience with data-driven analytical tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, HIVE/HADOOP, R, Python);
- Ability to clearly communicate oversight findings to credit risk peers, business partners, and senior leaders;
- Demonstrates the courage to challenge the status quo;
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities under pressure;
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues across the Company;
- Self-starter with natural curiosity to solve problems;
- Advanced degree in quantitative field is preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019, 7:54:48 AM