American Express Careers
Director Product Management
Why our team exists
American Express is aggressively digitizing its prospect marketing capabilities. As part of this effort, the Enterprise Digital & Analytics organization (EDA) has exciting opportunities available. Within EDA, the Enterprise Digital Demand Generation team is building a unified, scalable, enterprise wide proprietary platform to power the acquisition of new Card Members for American Express. This position will focus on managing the current platforms while laying down the strategy for building out this next generation platform.
What are we building
Working with product, engineering, infrastructure & external vendor teams this position will build out the next generation platform which will drive efficient marketing. This platform will power collation & analysis of our own, second party & third party data into a unified proprietary ID, enable advanced ML tecqniques to create marketing audiences on the data set, connect to multiple external audience activation partners (e.g. Google, Facebook, People Addressable Marketplaces etc.) and then bring data back into the platform for measurement of impact.
- Work with the Internal engineering & infrastructure teams, external vendor hosting partners to ensure that enterprise grade capabilities for data ingestion, modelling, analytics & measurement are designed, built, test & run in a compliant environment
- Develop & execute a governance framework for data collection, usage & storage
- Manage the overall cost of the platform for data, services & infrastructure
- Lead the end to end planning and coordination of cross-platform deliverables
- Help evaluate external vendors for solutions and data;
- Research industry solutions
- 10+ yrs experience in the area of platform management & development across a large organization handling digital data, ML on Big data technologies hosted on physical infrastructure or any of the leading cloud providers
- Experience working on projects within the Agile Framework required
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and deliver new platform capabilities capabilities – participated in defining specifications, lead conceptual business architecture, collaborate within and across teams on design and delivery, manage project and be able to interpret results.
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem, ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to manage multiple stakeholders across multiple time zones and balance their needs with the needs of the product.
- Prior experience in working with technology teams (both within & outside Amex) preferred, a good working knowledge of digital data and knowledge of the digital ecosystem is a plus.
- Bachelor Degree required; Masters or MBA degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2019, 5:47:43 PM