American Express Careers
Manager of Centurion Relationship Management Service
Manager of Centurion Relationship Management Services
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
Centurion Relationship Management Service is a key component of the value proposition of the American Express Centurion Cards, delivering Travel and Lifestyle services/benefits, to exceed the very demanding needs of our most discerning card members.
The benefits/services are delivered through the Customer Service operations around the world as well as by online capabilities. By driving innovation and change, TLS is rapidly transforming its economic and customer servicing business model via relationship management capabilities and the addition of multiple servicing channels.
The Manager role of Centurion Relationship Management Services is responsible for leading a team of Centurion Relationship Managers to drive a profitable return from the AMEX assets, including travel and lifestyle services and products.
The role will be part of the TLS China Leadership team who will also work closely with the local market stakeholders, and colleagues across TLS to achieve team results and objectives.
- Ensure the relationship management servicing teams are resourced, trained, supported, equipped and continuously motivated to consistently deliver the highest levels of personal Travel and Lifestyle service, meeting rational and emotional expectations, and creating clear differentiation in the Premium Card market
- Support and drive strategic initiatives to drive market growth without compromising the premium customer experience
- Lead the implementation of key strategic priorities for transforming TLS China operations including multi-skilling strategy across teams
- Ensure that Budgetary and Financial targets and controls are met to enhance the profitability of American Express
- Achieve world class long term value by understanding key elements of the financial model and linkages including share-of-wallet analysis, sale mix, and revenue levers of product, process and people
- Develop and execute servicing strategies for supporting all new product launches/refreshes and new card acquisition growth plans in the market
- Work closely with the global team to continually evaluate and transform the TLS China service model and deliver the global transformation of TLS around the world
- Drive Business process improvement initiatives for the team in China to drive maximum efficiency
- Leading strong change management of frontline team to support growth and efficiency initiatives
- Supporting the growth of the On-line business, by driving multi-skill staffing model, in partnership with Leadership team
- Driving talent strategy, employee engagement and a strong focus on developing people
Are you up for the challenge?
- Previous background experience in Operations Leadership positions
- Proven track record in working in service organization focused on digital transformation.
- Proven track record in sales management
- Inspiring leadership approach with proven experience in engaging a large and diverse organization and leading in an ambiguous environment
- Robust and in-depth understanding of how to deliver industry leading, highly differentiated, customer experience
- Proven relationship management and collaboration skills especially across your direct reports and also the China Leadership team
- Excellent change management and communication skills to drive execution whilst engaging a large employee population
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead without direct authority to work productively in a heavily matrixed leadership environment.
- Strong project management skills including experience in managing change, such as significant reengineering of processes and structure.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum bachelor degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Experienced people leader with proven track record of creating a followership
- High level of customer relationship management and leadership experience
- Sales driven mindset, key account management or sales background is highly preferred
- Travel or Premium Service business background and working knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of Premium service delivery expectations and customer profiles
- Previous experience in 3rd party supplier management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good level of knowledge of travel processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, proactive attitude and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019, 8:02:38 AM