American Express Careers
Sales Executive, Merchant Services
- On the phone selling our merchant value proposition daily.
- Through a mix of self-prospecting and lead management you will grow merchant acceptance and transaction volume on our network.
- Consultative selling highlighting the benefits of American Express acceptance and leveraging tools like financial modelling and merchant marketing campaigns to demonstrate a superior understanding of merchant product solutions, our customer’s business, their competitive landscape and business environment.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge for merchant products, KYC, compliance and other processes.
- Effective pipeline management from lead to activation.
- Continue to take ownership for new merchant’s lifecycle for first 13 months to optimize their AMEX billings.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to facilitate delivery of relevant initiatives.
- A skilled communicator and true sales hunter who is driven and motivated by the win.
- Proven experience in phone-based acquisition sales or new business role.
- Astute negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Energetic, resilient, self-motivated and excels in a performance driven environment.
- Collaborative in a team environment, willing to share and learn best practices across the team.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo to drive successful outcomes and wins.
- Prior knowledge or experience in e-Commerce or Currency platforms a plus.
- Financial industry background is a plus.
- Proven ability to independently drive and consistently deliver excellent results in a very challenging competitive environment.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019, 9:30:47 AM