American Express Careers
Senior Engineer II
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
The Data Encryption group is chartered to come up with creative products and capabilities to support secure mobile payments. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovate products in this space in an agile manner, do join our team
Purpose of the Role:
Lead security software development and testing of software based mobile payment security infrastructure on Android devices.
• Design , development and testing of Android based mobile software and associated backend services
• Evaluating new tools and products in device / mobile security space
• R&D into emerging algorithms and innovation in mobile payment technology
• Development of Demo applications to showcase mobile security
• Agile development including driving user stories and elaboration
• Release management and support of products developed
• Developer facing consulting
Critical Factors to Success:
Maturity in leading mobile software development and testing
excellent communication skills
Being able to work independently with minimum supervision
7+ years of development of Android based applications and Java / REST based backend services
BS Computer Science & Engg or equivalent
Android / Android Studio / Android SDK / IntelliJ
. Kotlin based development
. Hybrid application development using Webviews
• Some Java or Node.js based Application server based development experience
• REST JAX-RS development and testing
• Familiarity with Software management, development and build frameworks including Jenkins, Maven, Git/Stash, releasing through Google Play store.
Knowledge of Platforms:
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities: working independently with a US based development group, problem solving, initiative
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2019, 11:12:16 PM