American Express Careers
Director Market HR, Germany, Austria and Switzerland (m/f/d), Frankfurt am Main
Director Market Human Resources, Germany, Austria and Switzerland (m/f/d)
The Market Head for Germany, Austria and Switzerland will lead the German, Austrian and Swiss Market Human Resources (HR) teams; and provide support and Leadership to the local HR team members. This role will be responsible for developing and executing the Market Colleague Plan (MCP), focused on talent leadership, change leadership and HR effectiveness, whilst fostering positive labor relations. The successful individual will be part of the German Country Executive Team and partner closely with the Country Manager and Executive Team.
Reporting to the Vice President Market HR for Europe and part of the European HR Leadership Team, the key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Design and deliver the MCP for the German Market, with a core focus of supporting strategic Company, Business and HR Priorities
- Develop strong relationships with business leaders and HR Business Partners to build a deep understanding of global and local business strategies
- Play a lead role in partnering with the German Country Executive Team and HR colleagues to activate the Colleague Value Proposition for the market; driving and promoting American Express as an Employer of Choice/Top Employer and ensuring that all practices and decisions support and promote core Inclusion & Diversity imperatives
- Play an integral role in the creation of the MCP for Austria, with oversight for the delivery of core HR activities in Austria and Switzerland; leveraging best practise from the German market where appropriate
- Ensure that the local HR team is business focused, possesses a growth mindset, will to win, and demonstrates strong engagement and commitment
- Collaborate with Global Centres of Excellence to ensure that HR products and Services are implemented and adopted appropriately in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Understand external influences and take proactive steps to ensure that the German, Austrian and Swiss HR teams incorporate external thinking into MCP delivery
- Partner with the European Head of Employee and Labor Relations (ELR) to ensure that the local ELR strategy supports business growth and aligns with Global ELR strategy
- Provide leadership to the local ELR team to ensure a productive relationship with the Workers Council aligned with the Global ELR strategy
- Ensure total compliance with all local laws, regulations and policies, and any regulatory related requirements
- As a key member of the European OneHR and Market HR Leadership Teams, act as coach, advisor, and lead as appropriate on matters related to all aspects of the colleague lifecycle and MCP planning
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Preference for 8+ years HR experience and a Degree (or comparable education/experience) in economics, humanities, business administration or related field
- Proven HR leadership at a senior level, with a strong track record in developing/implementing leading-edge and transformational HR initiatives
- Inspirational people leader, with the ability to engage teams and create followership
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results-driven approach and a focus on delivering measurable outcomes
- Solid change management experience, able to drive and manage complex/large scale change initiatives sensitively and thoughtfully
- Ability to lead agilely through change, enabling Market HR teams and the business to effectively navigate ambiguity and drive transformational change
- In-depth business knowledge and financial acumen
- Strong relationship competencies, able to collaborate, influence, and manage through conflict to achieve successful outcomes
- Able to operate successfully across the matrix, and at all band levels; with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Track record in successful management of employee relations and partnering with Workers Councils, with awareness of evolving employment legislation and practice
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to cascade complex messages in a simple form and to ensure that colleagues can see how what they do day to day supports the Company’s strategic priorities and direction
- Languages spoken: Fluent in German and English
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2019, 5:31:45 AM