American Express Careers
Business Development Associate
If you expect American Express are only looking for Financial Services or Blue Chip experience, raise your expectations.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to achieve more for their own businesses.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
At American Express, we deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Our Global Commercial Payments Team offers businesses of all sizes award-winning payment solutions that provides greater rewards, improved cashflow and visibility and control of spend.
We are looking for talented and driven people to join our Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Sales team in Telecom House, Brighton in the role of “Business Development Manager” (BDM.) In return we offer great training and a fantastic opportunity to meet and exceed your targets as part of a successful and collaborative team.
At American Express the SME segment offers outstanding growth and has great focus and investment due to the relatively untapped opportunity it presents. As such we require a number of talented BDMs to drive our growth strategy in the UK market. This is a telephone based, highly rewarded sales role, with an excellent package including an uncapped incentive scheme. It requires creativity, determination and drive with a desire to succeed, but it doesn't require blue chip sales professional experience.
- Building and managing your own sales pipeline, targeting UK companies in the SME sector
- Identifying SMEs who would benefit from an Amex business card programme
- Having the ability to understand the market and identify potential new clients
- Identifying key decision makers and articulating the benefits of an Amex business card solution using strong communication and objection handling skills
- Effective time management to drive the end to end sales process including articulating the benefits, application process and progressing the company through the required stages
If you want to learn more follow this link to see a video of life in this role at American Express
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Previous sales experience is welcome, though a demonstrated high level of self motivation and desire to meet and beat goals is what really counts.
- Self-driven and results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on over delivering on your target
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- A natural forward planner who is highly organized and has the ability to manage multiple customers at different stages of the sales process
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with people at all levels.
- Reliable, resilient and determined with a real “Will to win”
As an SME BDM at American Express, you’ll enjoy a collaborative culture; one where you have ultimate control over your earning potential receiving an excellent, uncapped commission package, based on your personal contribution.
As you would expect from the American Express Brand, your successes will be recognised financially as well as receiving great investment in your personal and career growth within American Express, supported and encouraged by your manager.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new opportunities, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019, 9:14:41 AM