American Express Careers
Product Manager: Front-End Framework
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions
The American Express Enterprise Digital Platform OneAmex OneApp team is responsible for providing a framework to build quality, modularized web application that are used to produce first class digital experiences.
The Product Manager of OneApp will have a unique role within American Express working with the OneApp engineering and Solutions team to update, buildout and features to the core OneApp Framework and platform while working with users to understand their OneApp needs.
You will work with various groups to analyze the business needs, define metrics, create the product requirements, write documentation, define the feature prioritization, work with customer success to improve onboarding and the oneAmex Developer Experience. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES
• You are competent at managing an ever-changing backlog, with various needs.
• You are Process Oriented and not rigid, with a drive to find ways to automate.
• You are data and evidence driven; have experience working with tests and use data to evaluate and prioritize.
• You have the ability to write clear user stories, prioritize features linking business, write technical documentations for developers and business users.
• You have a sense of urgency and enthusiasm in developing a best in class product and process.
• While not a developer, you understand, have opinions and interest in: React, HTML, CSS, Java Script, serverless computing, CI/CD pipeline, SRE, API design and Application Architecture.
• You will defend, articulate and develop a coherent view of how and what a product process would look like and why prioritization decisions are being made.
• 4+ years experience working in the software product development/management or solutioning space
• Experience working with design, Engineering and marketing/business teams
• Experience working with (or as) and engineering team and SCRUM methodology
• Ability to explain technical details to various levels of audience.
• Understand and have opinions on Contemporary technology:
• Ability to write clear user stories, manage a roadmap and prioritize features linking business, competitive, and user needs
• A sense of urgency and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
• Experience looking at the platform Market and benchmarking our solutions to theirs.
• Bachelor’s degree
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 11:29:42 AM