American Express Careers
Analyst/Senior Analyst, Product Development
Enterprise Digital Products & Platforms team affects digital transformation at American Express by creating world class digital products and scalable platforms through best in class Agile product management, analytics and testing to drive value to the enterprise.
Our focus is on delivering an ecosystem of products that enable fast, scalable and consistent product development. We Build and enhance digital precision marketing products enabling real time personalization of offers, messages and experience on Amex sites as well as offsite channels globally. In order to deliver on a personalized and consistent customer experience across channels, we transform how we approach design, data, event processing, analytics and more across the blue box.
We are looking for an Analyst/Senior Analyst- Product Development, who will support the Product Owner to articulate the product strategy, create the product roadmaps and deliver against that roadmap.
We are looking for someone who is strategic, highly organized with strong attention to detail, well-versed in product and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with our Analytics, Product and Technology partners to develop a deep understanding of their priorities, products and processes to identify opportunities as well as align on cross-team dependencies
- Manage intake for the product, prioritize and manage items in the product backlog
- Define, measure and report on metrics related to product launch, process efficiency and performance
- Establish relationships with product managers looking to onboard and play a consultative role in addressing the business challenges they hope to solve with our products
- Become a SME on development/product best practices and success metrics.
The candidate should be experienced in digital product development. Ideally having worked in a Product Analyst and/or Program Management role in product/with technology.
- Demonstrated project management, organization, and planning skills applied in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to specs highly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of how data needs to be organized, accessed, monitored and controlled
- Basic SQL knowledge and awareness of the machine learning modeling universe are assets
- Problem solving skills and ability to take independent responsibility of projects.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong personal presence; active listening skills, summarization skills, and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities and drive collaboration and alignment.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a customer-first mindset
- Experience working with recommender technologies and/or information architecture is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019, 3:44:09 PM