American Express Careers
Network Analyst, Global Certification Services Team
Global Certification Services (GCS) is part of American Express’ Global Network Operations. The team’s main responsibilities are: customer setups on American Express internal systems, establishing connectivity between customers and the American Express network, host authorizations and submissions certification as well as POS terminal certification. Our main customers are merchants, processors, network issuers and acquirers. The GCS mission is to ensure our business partners are able to successfully transact with the American Express Network, according to the American Express specifications, rules, and regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The GCS analysts are responsible for ensuring that customers can successfully connect and transact with the American Express network flawlessly. The successful candidate will be responsible for building relationships with internal and external customers, managing projects supporting the installation of network connectivity, and implementation of authorization and submission solutions in production, enabling card acceptance.
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to translate technical details to non-technical business partners
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, document, and follow tasks through to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships, cooperate, and collaborate among various business units
- Knowledge of the payments industry highly desired, including, but not limited to EMV, contactless payments (ExpressPay), SafeKey, point of sale terminals
- Knowledge of American Express authorization and/or submissions processing and connectivity methods and pluses
- Tremendous will to win and work ethic
- Familiarity with authorization messages and submission file formats (ISO, GCAG, GFSG) desired
- Familiarity with the American Express payment platforms and processes a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2019, 10:12:19 AM