American Express Careers
Inventory Project Analyst I
The Global Card Issuance (GCI) Inventory Team is responsible for forecasting, ordering, and monitoring ~1,000 unique materials (cards & paper stock) for markets within the Americas region. It coordinates activities with a variety of internal (ex: Marketing, Compliance, and Brand) and external partners (Card & Print vendors). Its objective is to order the right amount material at the right time to minimize a) the risk of stockouts and, b) inventory costs in the most efficient manner possible.
The successful candidate will help support the objective by:
- Developing and maintaining best in class forecasting models for material usage. The output will drive material order plans, manufacturing forecasts, and will assist Operations colleagues in assessing issuance capacity at various issuance partners.
- Creating strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Maintaining Bills of Materials with accurate stock identification numbers.
- Preparing Inventory reporting to be used by operations colleagues so they can effectively and efficiently execute on the material ordering plan.
- Updating Card Manufacturing forecasts so that manufacturing partners can plan material requirements in advance of orders.
- Identifying and implementing solutions designed to standardize transactional and operational processes.
This role will also be responsible for leading or supporting projects related to strategic initiatives.
The position requires the ability to prioritize among multiple tasks in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Previous experience in developing forecasting models.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field strongly preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 3:00:09 PM