American Express Careers
Manager, Payments Consultant
- Resolving technical payment escalations,
- Providing proactive payment consultancy,
- Enabling strategic, market payment solutions e.g. Contactless, Safekey (3DS), Tokenisation
- Enabling specific, value add payment solutions e.g. Raw Data.
- In conjunction with the ANZ GMS team, develop and implement a payments strategy for Australian merchants which encompasses:
- Migrating key customers to global, point of arrival, payments infrastructure that is more available, secure and supports emerging payment products
- The deployment of new payment capabilities such as Tokenisation, Security capabilities, Contactless and Mobile Payments
- The economical management of card acceptance infrastructure
- The management of Payment Service Providers & Bank Partners that provide online card acceptance capabilities
- Industry knowledge and business development
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of the payments industry, anticipate and communicate trends to assist in strategic decision making
- Use competitive information to position the unique value, features and benefits of American Express products and services. Attend product training sessions throughout the year to deepen knowledge and understanding of network assets and capabilities
- Conduct independent research and gather marketplace and industry data from: Trade journals & websites, Financial Reports (understand revenue/cost drivers), Payments Industry Publications
- Identify opportunities to leverage relationships between strategic merchant executives and American Express leadership
- Driving innovation and change - Carries out systematic and rational analysis to identify the root cause of problems. Is prepared to challenge the status quo and drive innovation. Makes informed judgments. Generates creative ideas/solutions. Knows when to adopt existing ideas and when to invent.
- Focuses on the customer and client - Proactively anticipates customer needs and identifies their specific requirements. Promotes AXP products and seeks opportunities to improve existing business. Ensures premium value is delivered. Ensures the customer experience is positive and effective to enhance the American Express brand.
- Demonstrates personal excellence, acts with integrity, shows energy and resilience. Maintains commitment and remains positive in the face of setbacks and obstacles. Keeps difficulties in perspective and remains positive. Understands own strengths and limitations and is focused on self-development. Is authentic, approachable, open and honest.
- Current and emerging payment solutions,
- Current American Express payment solution offerings, and
- American Express authorisation and settlement processes and associated technology.
- Program or project management - Leading or performing within project teams
- Consultative Selling – or similar selling model, techniques
- Ability to learn and apply quickly, particular with technology
- Effective communication internally and up to the c-suite with external partners and customers.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2019, 8:49:18 PM