American Express Careers
Sr Mgr - Product Development
This is an opportunity to join the Enterprise Digital and Analytics team within American Express. Join us, if you have the talent and desire to create the vision for innovative products and services, reaching our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media!
As a Product Manager, you will join a team that develops Non card lending member acquisition, application and enablement experience globally, reaching non card lending members across the full spectrum of digital channels including mobile, email, social and web. This group is nimble and creative, with the power to shape our product roadmap. We are a hard-working, fun-loving team that delivers exciting next-generation capabilities for marketing products and benefits to our customers.
The Senior Manager Product Development in the Global Onboarding & Orchestration team is responsible for the development and deployment of the Global Onboarding & Orchestration (GO2) features. The successful individual ensures that the Product meets the evolving needs of the enterprise through continual innovation, evaluation and deployment. Requires strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills. Requires strong multi-business unit stakeholder management. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures. Coordinates the efforts of a scrum team or a set of scrum teams within a SAFE train (stakeholders, designers, developers and analytics) to deploy the new features across markets and products.
The Senior Manager Product Development has ultimate responsibility for decision making and prioritization for his backlog working with markets, compliance, marketing, design and engineering leaders to convert the product vision into a well-managed development roadmap with a set release cycle.
The Senior Manager, Product Development will report and assist the Director Product Development.
- Identifying opportunities and driving product strategy, roadmap, and features
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution;
- Leading the product functional design and UX design process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Prioritizing engineering work and balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage;
- Evangelizing the product both internally and externally and shepherding products through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes;
- Interacting with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Brainstorming and negotiating effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority;
- Help your team develop products by making difficult tradeoffs and removing roadblocks;
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to insure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success;
- Prioritize feature/story backlog
- Lead the business features breakdown into Platform features and stories;
- Lead and/or write stories for scrum teams;
- Agile mindset and transformation champion
A successful candidate will have:
- 3 years in product development and delivery
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Framework and principles;
- Must know how to write features and stories with acceptance criteria;
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product functionality;
- Understanding of the evolving compliance and regulatory requirements and environment and how to incorporate technology, infrastructure and security requirements into the product design
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach;
- CS degree related technical field is ideal
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we are seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2019, 9:35:30 AM