American Express Careers
Infrastructure Engineer - Digital Workplace
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure,
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build you career here.
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- Performs base technical aspects to support infrastructure implementations, deployments and technologies related to dynamic infrastructure platforms
- Participates in current state system analysis, requirements gathering and documentation
- Automates and orchestrates workloads across multiple platforms
- Assists with configuration and implementation deployments
- Participates in test planning and execution
- Work with project teams to prepare components for production
- Provide support for ongoing platform infrastructure availability
- Work on prioritized/assigned features for ongoing sprints
Are you up for the challenge?
- 3 – 5 years of infrastructure support, operations, or engineering
- Ability to push the boundaries of existing technologies and processes
- Must have an understanding and practical use of Agile practices
- Must possess a growth mindset
- Strong Technical Acumen
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
At the core of Infrastructure Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- System and Platform Domain Knowledge
- IaaS and PaaS provisioning
- Infrastructure component sizing including high availability, redundancy, failover and load balancing
- Windows Platform knowledge such as IIS, .NET Framework and .NET Core
- System troubleshooting
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 6:49:50 AM