American Express Careers
Staff Architect - Machine Learning
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Product Architecture and Development
Evolve and maintain data architecture and database resources for algorithmic products
Plan, develop, and evaluate data-mining solutions for current products
- Work with Staff Architects to define solution requirements and technical implementation approach
- Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct design reviews as needed
Provide technical mentorship to engineers at all levels
- Actively participate in team and company-wide architecture and engineering discussions and forums
- Employ technical expertise to help team members overcome technical problems
Create roadmaps for pattern recognition products
Maintaining the automated testing and deployment processes of machine learning products
- Enforce to release/project schedule and sprint achievements
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify analytics/machine learning software for use in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related environments
- Responsible for health and quality of the code across the portfolio, including leadership over SCM, functional testing, and CI/CD tool integration
Data Analysis and Product Research
Innovate new features or new products based on data-analytic research
Assist in the development of internal data-analytic tools and database schema
- Implement new, highly scalable platform components
- Improve and maintain existing components of the core platform
Be a recognized domain expert in at least one area of Analytics/Machine Learning (Natural Language, Deep Learning, Statistical Pattern Recognition etc)
- Build Analytics/Machine Learning solutions that are production grade, scalable and efficient
- Contribute components to either open source Machine Learning repos, or repos that are reused by others
- Participate in solving problems of other teams through Kaggles or other informal means, such as core Slack channels or other community forums
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as Python, SparkML, Hadoop and emerging Cloud Capabilities on Azure, GCP and/or AWS
- Lead assessment of reusable capabilities that can benefit multiple technology teams
Actively coach and provide technical mentorship to other engineers in the company
- Contributes to an AI-first culture in technology
- Build and develop high performing individuals and teams
- Self-driven initiative to solve problems of other teams/ broader company
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 12:02:16 PM