American Express Careers
Analyst - Finance And Data Analytics
- Providing sound financial guidance aligned to the overall company objectives in a time sensitive and consistent manner
- Analysing complex financial and business information from multiple data sources, deriving actionable business insights and recommendations and communicating these in a clear and concise manner to internal and external partners
- Providing decision support on key initiatives such as investment optimisation, partnerships, acquisitions, development of new products and other types of business development initiatives
- Deliver portfolio management insights that are driven by advanced analytics and data management
- Working across the broader Finance Organisation to provide local market financial planning and analysis support (reporting, planning, forecasting, etc.) to strengthen processes and tools and bring efficiencies to the organisation
- Strong collaboration and relationship building ability is essential including the ability to influence others without having direct authority and manage multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Experience synthesizing and communicating complex concepts, opportunities, recommendations and strategy (choices where to compete, what business model to employ, how to achieve competitive differentiation, how to allocate investment resources to achieve strategic ambitions, etc.) to Senior Leadership
- Advanced financial analysis and modelling skills are essential, with proven ability to drive analytical output aimed at identifying trends, developing key insights and required decisions for senior management
- Proven working experience using SAS or any Big Data coding languages
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects end-to-end, at times under time-pressure, with an innovative mindset to challenge the status quo
- Working experience in a data/financial role, with an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering and Economics) is essential.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 6:16:58 PM