American Express Careers
Director -Performance Engineering
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915, and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. Travel & Lifestyle Services’ (TLS) vision is to provide the world’s best customer experience every day - through leisure travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. To achieve this vision, we’ve embarked on an ambitious plan to make our customer experience truly extraordinary across touch points.
TLS serves American Express Card Members across 23 markets around the globe via a number of servicing channels including: web, mobile, phone, chat and email. Phone and email services are offered to Platinum & Centurion Card members, while online services are available to all customers, including non-Amex card holders.
The Applied Analytics and MIS team within Design Engineering and Analytics (DE&A) team, plays a crucial role measuring current performance of business and recommending actionable improvements that will improve both Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and the customer experience. The team’s responsibilities include but are not limited to: sourcing enterprise data, building data cubes and robust KPIs, democratizing rich information to stakeholders through interactive dashboards, closely monitoring business performance, applying data and decision science to recommend actionable opportunities to improve KPIs and customer experience, etc.
The Director of Applied Analytics and MIS team will be part of a fast-paced & innovative team within TLS and will be responsible for defining, syndicating and executing transformational strategy and roadmap that will turn our data assets into an engine for growth.
• Lead the Global Center of Excellence (CoE) for Applied Analytics and MIS for Travel and Lifestyle Services
• Create a compelling progressive vision for the team in line with Future Is Now (FIN) strategy and transformational business objectives
• Translate organizational vision into actionable strategy and roadmap that will turn our data assets into an engine for growth
• Lead the world class analytics team in applying rigorous solution-oriented analysis and economic modeling to identify significant opportunities to improve KPIs (Revenue, Margin, Cost, etc.) and customer experience
• Collaborate and partner with multi-functional teams including contact center leadership, marketing, capabilities, and engineering in implementing actionable opportunities
• Lead data science and decision science team in developing innovative products and actionable insights to accelerate transformational agenda
• Define & contribute to data migration strategy, ODL & data ingestion to big data platform-Cornerstone
• Manage delivery of reporting and insights packages for TLS and deliver reporting automation and UI uplift to improve democratization and consumption (Operational, Front Line Performance, Voice of the Customer, Revenue and Yield, etc.)
• Establish working & strategic connects with leadership & various stakeholders across TLS & other potential collaborative functions within the Blue Box
• Lead & strengthen a large team (50+) of managers and analysts by providing effective support, performance Management; timely Coaching & feedback and helping them acquire new talent, knowledge & skills.
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Business, Statistics, or similar field of study
• At least 5 years of experience leading highly skilled MIS, analytics and decision/data science team
• Passionate leader who can lead in ambiguity, develop strategy, foster innovation and challenge the status quo to drive disruptive transformation
• Proven track record in effectively leading analytics team in leveraging enterprise data to generate valuable insights and growth opportunities
• Structured problem solving and superior analytic skills, including the ability to think strategically and logically structure problems into meaningful and actionable recommendations
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, eye for detail, lead with ownership and accountability
• Proven ability to lead large teams through transformations and drive superior results
• Experience utilizing broad set of analytical tools/techniques for data mining, data cleansing, data extraction, analysis & transformation, data interpretation & insights
• Experience consulting with business owners and recommending appropriate solutions based on a clear understanding of business needs
• Highly developed business acumen and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with big data and data mining/analytics tools such as Hive, R, Python, SQL, Teradata, etc. highly desired
• Prior experience building and deploying interactive dashboards using Tableau and other visualization tools is a plus
• Prior experience in statistical modeling, customer segmentation, clustering, predictive analytics required. Experience developing and deploying Machine Learning solutions is plus
• Organizational Agility; ability to influence in a global, highly-matrixed organization
• Effective communicator capable of explaining complex data and analysis into compelling presentations / written communications to a breadth of internal/external partners and senior leadership
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 4:52:33 AM