Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The American Express Digital Architecture team is responsible for platform strategy, architecture and engineering for a core set of business-critical platforms at American Express.
The successful candidate will be focused on driving the architectural and strategic directions for the integrated Web, Mobile and Voice platform.
This role is also responsible for the direct management of Senior Engineers/Architects, build proof of concepts, design reusable components, as well as strategic planning.
The Staff Architect reports to the American Express Digital Principal Architect.
- Analyze use cases, procedures, and problems to develop technical architecture for new and existing platforms, and providing architectural guidance and oversight
- Drive key architecture decisions to solve critical, complex problems for American Express Digital
- Manage team of senior engineers/architects to drive American Express Digital platforms' technical direction and strategic objectives
- Manage and/or lead a team of architecture team members, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
- Lead architecture for large cross-functional teams across multiple geographies
- Align efforts with central architecture function to influence technical standards and progress enterprise objectives
- Network with peers on technical matters, design prototypes, system designs and enterprise-wide research projects
- Combine in-depth specialty area(s) with broad knowledge of other disciplines to deliver coherent end-to-end architectural guidance
- Focus on driving architecture towards long-term Business Unit/Enterprise goals and objectives
- Solve novel problems that impact products and/or technologies
- Design new techniques, methodologies, and concepts for tackling broad cross-cutting initiatives
- Plan & direct research and complex investigations across complex delivery efforts
- Manage development of working prototypes to validate proposed solutions and minimize risk associated with delivery effort
- Perform reviews and provide oversight across various delivery teams to ensure alignment with architectural and technical strategy
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the development of technology strategies
- Proven ability to transform business use cases into high quality technology solutions
- Experience with Functional Programming Techniques
- Experience with React the react ecosystem including Redux
- Experience with Hybrid app using React Native or ReactXP and/or progressive apps
- Experience with techniques tagging, cookie collection and management, traffic attribution
- Broad culture of UX techniques including non-visual ones like SMS, voice, chat
- Ability to construct enterprise-grade APIs using state-of-the-art platforms like node,js , golang or JVM based reactive stacks like Vertx or Akka and using both REST and GraphQL approaches
- Subject matter expertise in one or more architectural specialties with broad exposure to relevant technology domains
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering and/or contributions to open source code bases
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2019, 10:30:02 PM