American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Automate existing manual repetitive tasks to help uplifting current processes using custom made tools which can be easily integrated (and scalable) in an enterprise environment. Showcase expertise in common automation tools like Salesforce (administration), Blueprism (shared server bots), SSIS, batch scripting editing, VBA knowledge (uplifts and maintenance), Alteryx etc.
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions.
- Uses technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Solution Design, Development and Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years of development experience with multiple full cycle implementation from requirement to production.
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of defects.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 1:47:37 AM