American Express Careers
Information Security Analyst
Why American Express ?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Data Loss Prevention team is chartered to identify and protect sensitive data throughout its life through the use of established processes, policies, standards, and tools. Our focus is to ensure the proper use and protection of American Express data.
We are looking for an
experienced and technical security professional to focus on the encryption
strategies and technologies within a complex and technical environment.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Participate in the design and deployment of the email and file encryption infrastructure.
- Implement email and file encryption technologies and programs globally.
- Track projects and tasks to ensure all deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Provide operational support to customers to help them effectively use encryption controls.
- Develop and leverage relationships with key partners and customers.
- Document and maintain processes, procedures, and technical diagrams.
- Provide backup or support for other processes on the team as required.
- Strong technical security background, be able to work with people internationally, communicate effectively and understand encryption methodology and how to apply in a large diverse environment.
- Capable of working multiple projects simultaneously and expertise implementing solutions on a global basis.
- Be able to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to customers and management.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of encryption technologies and methodologies.
- Experience in design, and implementation of encryption services for a diverse global environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Data Encryption, Digital Certs and PKI.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting information to groups.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Able to manage time and priorities with multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and skills, including independent decision-making abilities.
- Able to work with other engineers and departments in a positive, goal-directed manner.
- 4+ years of related technical and business experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- Experience with encryption tools such as AIP, Voltage and Seclore
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 12:24:33 PM