American Express Careers
Financial Analyst / Senior Financial Analyst
The Decision Support Center of Excellence (DSCOE) in Corporate Planning was established to centralize financial planning and analysis activities across American Express. The Global Commercial Services (GCS) Decision Support Center of Excellence team is primarily responsible for Planning and Results activities for Spend, Lending and Account metrics and associated key revenue lines.
The Senior Financial Analyst role will support a variety of critical financial projects in support of the Global Commercial Services organization. The incumbent will have primary responsibility for developing insightful analytics on business performance to drive profitable growth, including being subject matter expert on spend forecasting for GCS Finance. This position reports to the Spend Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of the Card Issuing business, as well as gain exposure to and insight from leadership. The successful candidate will have a strategic and analytical mindset, is comfortable collaborating with internal customers, can work closely with leaders and has the aptitude to drive change.
Moreover, the Analyst in this role will have the opportunity to build relationships across the planning communities globally, and gain exposure to senior Finance leaders as part of their overall responsibilities.
- Update and manage all Billed Business models along with associated spend-related P&L lines during month-end results and Risk and Opportunities process
- Forecast global Billed Business by client segment, region/market, product for the Long Range Plan (LRP) and Annual Plan
- Ownership of the month-end results email communications to business and finance senior leadership
- Performing analytics on Global Commercial Payments Business to Business (B2B) and Corporate Cards
- Partner with the LFO team on investigation of spend related P&L variances to ensure accurate understanding of results and inclusion of findings in GCS Risk and Opportunities.
- In-depth analytics using SQL/SAS/Cornerstone to further analyze month end results
- Develop margin models by segment
- Work closely with MR Finance, GCS Marketing and GCS LFO organizations
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to manage detailed financial models
- Strong ability for data manipulation and structure analyses
- Strong team player with an ability to deliver in a cross-functional environment
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- 1-3 years of experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 10:36:37 AM