American Express Careers
Director, Strategic Sourcing and Category Management, JAPA
Global Supply Management (GSM) is responsible for helping AMEX maximize the purchasing power of our third party spend. Strategic Sourcing and Category Management is GSM’s face to AXP employees and suppliers. We provide strategic consultation, bringing global value perspective, negotiation and delivery to maximize purchasing power of supplier spend and to free up investment capacity through deeper partnerships with Business Units. Strategic Sourcing and Category Management is also responsible for managing our supplier strategy with our business partners, identifying and on-boarding new suppliers, realizing significant cost saves and revenue generation, collaborating with Contract Strategy and Delivery team on contracting activities and ensuring an optimal user experience for AMEX employees and suppliers.
- Lead a team of category managers within Asia Pacific countries to develop regional Category Management spend profile, strategies and industry benchmarking and prepare presentations and dashboards to discuss with internal stakeholders and suppliers to realize saves, influencing demand and driving other value add benefits support growth
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with market leaders to understand key business strategies, annual goals/objectives and economic challenges/opportunities
- Initiates and drives strategic activities across the region that have major impact on revenue and profitability
- Negotiate key deals and contracts and complete supplier assessments and selections through RFx activities
- Acts as the key contact to senior and executive management and has primary Relationship Lead responsibility within the region
- Partner with Global Category team to bring global value chain perspective and enterprise mindset to deliver significant value to the region
- Grow and develop Category management team to create a culture of strong strategic thinking, financial analytics, markets place focus and partnering closely with business units to influence and help drive key, strategic business decisions
- Collaborate with Contract Strategy and Delivery team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of contracting activities in the region
- Prioritize strategies, estimate workload, identify resources to ensure successful delivery of business and GSM objectives
- Manage approved supplier list, process improvements with a focus on reducing time to market, monitoring and analyzing performance and enhancing the AXP employee user experience
- Ability to travel 20%-30%
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills, balanced with proven track record of delivering tangible results in complex, global and matrix work environment
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills with ability to collaborate and influence across levels with internal and external partners (including senior executives) and across geographic markets. Proven ability to engage and maintain senior stakeholder relationship
- Proven track record of data analysis to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve customer experience and the bottom line results
- Effective leadership skills and commitment to mentoring, coaching and developing a team of category managers to deliver high-quality output with limited resources and work collaboratively with colleagues and partners across the world
- Positive attitude, ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced, and at times unstructured environment and maintain flexibility to meet the changing needs of the customers, business units and the organization
- A bachelor’s degree (business management, supply chain management desirable). MBA or equivalent preferred.
- At least 10 years of extensive, broad-based strategic sourcing and category management experience
- In addition to fluency in English. Ability to speak, read and write Mandarin will be a plus.
- Experience in leading a Procurement team across Asia Pacific countries is strongly preferred
- This role could be based in Hong Kong, Singapore or Sydney offices
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 2:48:06 AM