American Express Careers
Financial Systems Analyst - Regulatory Analytics
The Regulatory Reporting Delivery Service Management (RRDSM) team is responsible for supporting the collection, validation and transformation of data required for regulatory reporting. This team must have a holistic view of the data sources, processes, outputs and the ability to trouble-shoot and resolve problems related to the numerous data sources being interfaced into the RRD.
This analyst role is responsible for supporting the Regulatory Reporting data and processes, analytics and governance processes for the RRD platform. The person will work closely with Controllership Regulatory Reporting and technology teams. Those with a strong desire to expand their knowledge, drive innovation, create solutions and be at the forefront of emerging business strategies and technology trends should apply for this role.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Analyze Finance Regulatory Reporting needs and translate them into specific requirements and tasks for technology partners.
- Retrieve and analyze the data from underlying analytical/operational databases to develop understanding.
- Understand end user analytical requirements, and create & provide function design and specifications to the technology teams for the data layer build
- Build analytical dashboards and other analytical capabilities for the end users. This includes building scorecards, dashboards, analytical queries used for attestation, validation and analysis of the base data as well as the regulatory reports, using the tools such as OBIEE.
- Take ownership of the issues reported by the end users for the analytics reports, and work closely with tech teams to drive issue resolution
- Strong technical background on the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) reporting tool. Experience on other Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau etc.) desired.
- Demonstrated working experience of building analytical reports and/or dashboards using OBIEE or other reporting tools.
- Solid experience in creating, executing or optimizing complex SQL queries
- Experience with analytical and programming toolsets (e.g. SQL, Java, HTML coding).
- Experience with Oracle Financials eBusiness Suite, especially the GL, HFM, Financial Accounting Hub, Consolidations and reporting suite of application desired.
- Strong team player who can not only facilitate collaboration but can also step up and lead.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to drive large scale change.
- Creative mindset; comfort working in undefined space and seizing new opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 12:28:53 AM