American Express Careers
Director Marketing – Brazil
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Director, Marketing – Brazil to perform in the Global Merchant & Network Services business unit of American Express.
The Director, Marketing – Brazil will take the lead in partner facing local marketing activity for Global Network Services (GNS) in Brazil. GNS operates in all regions globally to drive scale and relevance for the American Express Brand. The successful candidate will lead a team of 3 colleagues to deliver best in class issuer and acquirer marketing with our Bank Partners.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Marketing lead to bank partners, both issuing and acquiring, as it relates to key activities (e.g. new product development, product refreshes, local benefit activation, perception of coverage, etc.).
- Drive prioritization of key growth levers with existing partners and supporting negotiations with potential partners, working closely with the Business Development teams.
- Work with Global Marketing Centers of Excellence to ensure global approach is replicated across marketing in the region.
- Where appropriate, develop and implement local assets and capabilities that comply with guidelines provided by the Global Product and Benefits team.
- Ensure marketing campaigns align with company’s strategic objectives and are informed by research, analytics and metrics.
- Develop deep understanding of competitive landscape in the region.
- Lead and develop a team of 3 people, spread across markets in the region.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- First class relationship skills to interact at all levels across partner organizations (to C-Level) and within Amex.
- Strong innovative marketer who can translate marketing ideas into clear marketing tactics / actions.
- Previous leadership managing teams of 5+, preferably across multiple markets, with a thoughtful and deliberate approach to managing team members at a distance and a strong track record of developing talent.
- Strong influencing skills, interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
- Previous knowledge of external, local knowledge and competitive landscape in these markets / similar regions is a plus.
- Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions.
- Highly resilient, with an ability to drive results in challenging business environment whilst thriving on change and creating clarity.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create and deliver persuasive high impact presentations.
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively partner with global marketing resources within the team to ensure global to local transfer and relevant activation of key strategies and processes.
- People management experience and focus on developing talent.
- Passionate customer focus with a growth mindset and determination to succeed.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 4:11:34 PM