American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Roadmap and implementation strategies for Commercial Payment Capabilities as well as the integration of AcomPay.
- Build, Develop, and Lead three scrum teams
- Expanding our offering in the Commercial Payment Capabilities
- Focus on product innovation integration and capabilities partnering with our recent acquisition of AcomPay
- Provide technology leadership; inspire your team and proactively bring new ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table.
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders, stakeholders, developers, designers and product owners to understand and develop technical solutions that deliver strong business outcomes.
- Coach and mentor the professional and technical development of your team members, maximizing team productivity and growing their careers by understanding your team’s skill levels, working styles, motivations, and professional goals.
- Be a compelling storyteller with experience communicating complex technical concepts and ideas to engineers and non-engineers alike.
- Apply a user-centered approach and is passionate about building better experiences for real people.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic and technical leadership.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders, stakeholders, Engineers and product owners to understand and develop technical solutions that deliver strong business outcomes.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Strong technical background demonstrated by growing through multiple engineering leadership roles of increasing seniority
- Extensive hands-on experience building and being responsible for the development of complex, large-scale enterprise applications that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
- Strong understanding of SOA, Restful, Event Driven, and Microservices technologies for large scale environments.
- Possess a good blend of business and technical aptitude and has a strong desire to learn new things as well as research customer insights, trends and business challenges.
- 2+ year’s experience as a hands-on architect with the ability to design and architect large scale web applications
- Deep understanding of quality standards and best practices, TDD/BDD concepts, and automation best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable delivering presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban or another Agile application development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to author and deliver effective presentations to senior technology and business leaders
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 1:51:48 PM