American Express Careers
Director, Global Performance
American Express is
recognized as a top company for leaders. Our Performance program is
characterized by high-impact goals, career and development plans, frequent
check-ins between colleagues and leaders, and meaningful evaluation and rewards.
The Director, Global Performance role offers a unique opportunity to own the
enterprise-wide Performance strategy along with program management and
integration across the HR ecosystem.
Reporting to the Vice President, Talent, Careers & Performance the successful candidate will work within Human Resources to deliver an enterprise-wide Performance Management strategy that places the development of American Express colleagues at the center. The position requires flexibility and the ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced dynamic environment to support developing business needs. Successful candidates will need to balance strategic thought leadership with a willingness to project manage the details and execute an effective Performance Management process for the enterprise.
- Lead end-to-end enterprise-wide Performance Management strategy and related initiatives to foster a feedback-based, developmental culture that enhances organizational performance and achievement of business objectives
- Project manage the annual cycle of goal setting, performance check-ins, and year-end review
- Partner with Leadership & Learning to incorporate tools and resources that encourage ongoing, supportive, and productive dialogue between leader and colleague
- Consult with business leaders, HR business partners, and the Centers of Expertise to understand and solve for business and stakeholder needs
- Work closely with technology vendors to manage platform, technology solutions and enhancements with the goal of ensuring a seamless, positive user experience
- Demonstrate thought leadership to develop innovative, sustainable Performance initiatives that increase our success in attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse, multi-generational workforce
- 5-7 years in a strategic HR leadership role, ideally with experience leading performance management and working with global teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan a multi-year strategy aligned to business needs
- Ability to translate vision into action, project manage the details, and execute to drive results
- Experience driving organizational and cultural change management; consulting experience a plus
- Ideally, experience driving or working within a coaching, feedback-based culture
- Understanding of workplace trends, and implications for a global, multi-generational workforce
- Effective leadership approach with ability to collaborate and influence outcomes
- Master’s degree in industrial-organizational psychology, human resource management, business administration, or related field preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 2:26:51 PM