American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant - GMNST
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of high-performers. This is a great opportunity to join the Global Network Services Technology organization and support the executive team in developing network solutions. We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer services that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
We are looking for a proactive and energetic Executive Assistant who will thrive in our fast paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have strong executive presence with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, while remaining flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated experience interfacing with all levels of internal and external professionals, managing complex calendars and travel arrangements for senior executives and coordinating large scale meetings and events.
Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
- Organization of complex calendar management using high level of integrity, managing across business partners, dispersed locations and differing time zones.
- Arranging meeting rooms, video and audio conferencing as well as coordinating team meetings, activities and other events.
- Booking complex international travel itinerary with knowledge of Amex travel booking tools, preferred vendors and associated policies.
- Ensuring timely preparation and processing of expense reports; tracking and processing of invoices; review expenses submitted to leader and highlight any out of policy spend.
- Administer CPC and other relevant financial processing.
- Exercise good judgment in managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the office.
- Assisting with timekeeping and payroll duties, and organization charts.
- In conjunction with other Executive Assistants, organize and coordinate activities associated with Town Halls, and other employee-related activities and events.
Support Employee Engagement initiatives, Sr. Leader / team updates and other team projects as needed.
- Minimum 3 years experience as Administrative Assistant supporting Senior Executives within a large corporate business or similar environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and with strong attention to detail.
- Strong maturity with ability to effectively prioritize VP office responsibilities.
- Ability to work under minimal direction, manage multiple priorities, make sound decisions, and maintain discretion and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player who is dependable and enthusiastic.
- Strong PC skills in MS Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Outlook (will work with VP’s email).
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong interpersonal, influencing, and collaborating skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 11:30:49 PM