American Express Careers
Manager/Sr Mgr - Product Development - Virtual Payments
Within Global Commercial Services, the Global Product Management organization owns products and capabilities, creates global consistency, and drives process excellence. This focus directly supports B2B payments, one of the fastest growing segments of our business. We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Virtual Payments Product Development. The ideal candidate will be a critical member of the team and be responsible for the day to day management of B2B capabilities and platforms that support virtual payment products and processes. The role will be critical in sustaining and accelerating the growth of virtual payments, a key component of our B2B offerings.
We are looking for people who are self-starters; those who want to be a part of a team of movers, doers and thinkers. People who excel in a fast-paced environment, that will stay tightly connected to their product constituents across the globe and who don't mind wearing multiple hats. If you enjoy working directly with clients, product management and technology teams to identify opportunities, innovate, and deliver new products and capabilities, this is the position for you.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Senior Manager of Product Development, you will be responsible for understanding and validating client needs and market opportunities, translating those needs and key priorities into features and user stories and working side by side with Engineering to ship meaningful product using Agile software development methodologies.
- Multiple years experience in product development, including experience as a product owner working directly with a scrum team
- Accurately translate business requirements into product and process development requirements (features and user stories) to feed into the Virtual Payments feature backlog and development process
- Lead production validation testing and issue management with scrum teams
- Ability to clearly communicate decisions and the rationale behind them. Comfortable making decisions even when others disagree.
- Understanding of technology, prior experience in commercial and B2B payments and virtual payment capabilities
- Demonstrated project management experience leading complex projects. Proven track record of working with global and virtual teams to support successful software development
- Ability to identify and synthesize trends to provide value-added analysis and recommendations for improvement to leaders
- Experience in customer facing roles such as Sales Support, Account Development, Implementations or Customer Service desired
- Strong ability to stay connected to remote peers
- Desire to have fun, work with others and find humor and perspective in challenging and frustrating situations
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 1:18:00 PM