Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer who will take a key role on our Commercial Mobile & Expense Management Engineering team. Our Full Stack developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development.
- Serve as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to develop, launch and support new features.
- Responsible for the applications development and support, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technology to solve problems in a matrix environment where applicable
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Writing unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or + 1+ years of equivalent experience in related disciplines
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Team player and a hands-on engineer.
- Experience in leveraging open source tools and adapting to common frameworks
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools – Git
- Commitment to software practices of continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019, 9:41:47 AM