- Developing strategies to support AXP growth and efficiency objectives
- Engaging with business units to accelerate strategic revenue generation and cost avoidance initiatives
- Operationalizing large-scale initiatives, working across the enterprise to drive alignment on internal priorities and decisions
- Thought leadership/creative problem solving to challenge the status quo and drive progressive improvement
- Developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders in order to achieve results and enact wide-scale impact across the enterprise
- Independently driving project progress by managing relationships with stakeholders, identifying opportunities and obstacles/risks, developing strategic recommendations, and ensuring deliverables are optimally executed
- Results and change leadership, including the planning and delivery of key initiatives that result in achievement of sustainable, transformational results
- Organizational development, including participation in workstreams to improve our service, customer engagement and operational activities, and foster a spirit of collaboration across teams
- Effective people leadership and acting as a coach and mentor to junior colleagues
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguity and engage in structured thinking in order derive meaningful, data-driven insights
- Ability to influence without authority at all levels and demonstrated track record for driving results and transformation across multiple lines of business
- Proven relationship-builder with strong consultative and collaborative skills to partner with business leaders in order to devise solutions to complex business challenges
- Strategic, big-picture thinker with strong business acumen and high degree of creativity in identifying opportunities for products, services, new processes and systems
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand the audience, structure effective presentations and distill key messages in order to effectively inform and persuade
- Strong project management skills with proven record of successfully driving results on complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated people leadership skills and ability to foster and coach junior colleagues
- Previous management consulting experience preferred
- MBA or equivalent preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2019, 7:44:37 PM