There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The CTO Organization focuses on delivering technology solutions that leverage data to anticipate customer needs in order to provide seamless & personalized experiences.
The incumbent will partner with the Portfolio, Compliance and Strategic Operations Director to lead strategic transformation projects that support the continuous improvement of finance, risk and compliance efforts within the technology organization. This will include challenging the status quo to make a difference in the lives of our engineers, product partners and customers. The qualified candidate will need to be adaptable & pro-active. He/She will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships at all levels across Technology, Finance, Risk and the various business units to support the organizations strategic imperatives.
- Leading projects that enable the CTO organization to best manage its investment portfolio and strategic operations
- Working with various Technology teams to analyze business issues and support the development of future state recommendations
- Developing clear project plans ensuring the scope and approach are fully understood by key partners across technology and partner organizations
- Providing detailed project management support across the team which includes: tracking & reporting progress, identification and documentation of project risks & issues, managing resources through the project management life cycle
- Supporting the creation of concise and impactful presentations to Senior Leadership and partner teams
- Building strong working relationships across the CTO, Technology, Finance and product teams to enhance collaboration, problem solving and generate solutions to drive results
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 - 5 years leading & supporting large scale projects
- Solid project management skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
- Strong foundation and understanding of accounting and finance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient across MS Office applications specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Knowledge of agile management tools (i.e. Rally, Jira)
- Knowledge of financial reporting tools a plus (i.e. Oracle General Ledger, Clarity, SmartView)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2019, 3:52:56 PM