Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred • 5+ years of active engineering
- 2+ years leadership experience in a complex technical environment and/or comparable experience
- Successful design, creation and deployment of one or more enterprise-grade technology assets, including integration of cross-platform solutions in an Agile product environment
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and practices such as Scrum/Kanban, iterations, user stories
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. 25-Jun-2019 AXP Internal
- Hands on experience with automation testing and documentation (i.e. automated, functional, and performance)
- Ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Adaptable to changes in product requirements, organizational structures and business conditions
- Engaged with the open source community, demonstrated public speaking, etc
- Expertise in software engineering as well as with various Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Experience with leading employees including having one on one sessions to provide regular feedback and mentoring
- Lead reviews of colleagues' work
- Proficient in the common types of software development life cycle • Recent hands-on experience with the primary technology stacks within platform portfolio (relevant frameworks, languages, etc.)
- Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture design principles, execution patterns and performance optimization
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with technical and nontechnical partners
- Foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products experience.
- Channel-specific architecture skills as required by the platform, such as web, mobile, voice or interactive media
- Able to assess and interview team members to identify and develop talent
- Ability to influence technological growth across teams
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019, 9:09:24 AM