American Express is on a journey to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. The Digital Experience & Platforms team (DEP), within Global Commercial Services, is focused on designing and delivering a seamless digital experience that drives customer engagement as well as business growth. The Digital Customer Experience team within the DEP team designs and delivers commercial mobile and web products for all customer segments.
Travel & Expense Management are top priorities for GCS. The Director of Expense Management Data & APIs will be responsible defining a holistic platform & product strategy for how key 3rd parties and clients can help create a more seamless expense experience for our cardmembers. They will lead API, data and technical product and platform evaluations and implementations that will help Amex extend and accelerate our current Expense Management journeys. In addition, this position will lead key co-innovation and development initiatives with key players and customers.
They will possess thought leadership, strategic thinking, communication, and organizational skills, and will have a proven record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing team environment
- Lead partner evaluations and manage relationships for co-innovation workstream
- Effectively lead, inspire and develop a team of direct reports
- Develop a holistic commercial strategy for commercial data sharing for key expense & accounting software partners
- Communicate with senior leadership to receive strategic buy-in
- Partner with the Expense Management team to determine which aspects of our customer journeys should be co-built with partners
- Provide guidelines and roadmap for viable partnerships that would accelerate and enhance the overall expense management strategy
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- A dynamic people leader with a passion for team development
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, and balance multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence senior leaders
- Demonstrate ability to conceptualize and deliver new platform capabilities, participate in defining specifications, lead conceptual business architecture, collaborate within and across teams on design and delivery, manage project and be able to interpret results.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years of professional experience in product management or strategy preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 12:21:17 PM