Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
American Express is embarking on an exciting Hybrid Cloud transformation journey and is in search of an innovative and critical thinking engineers to build Hybrid Cloud Program. This position will report into the xPaaS Cloud Engineering team.
In this Developer role, you will be part of a talented team responsible for building scalable, secure, and highly available Applications and Services to enable our Hybrid based extended platform-as-a-service (xPaaS) by using a variety of technologies such as Google Cloud Platform/Kubernetes Engine, Openshift ,REST, Vertx, Redis, and Elastic, while gaining experience and getting exposure to many other open source projects as required. Your primary responsibilities will be to develop technical solutions to enhance the American Express Hybrid Cloud platform, with a focus on building automation for highly scalable cloud services delivery. Level 3 engineering support and customer consultancy for the teams services make up the additional responsibilities of this role.
- The Candidate should have knowledge on how to build highly dynamically scalable cloud native applications.
- Good awareness of Distributed computing components like distributed caching, distributed search , Resource Managers and Job executors , Cluster Managers etc.
- Understanding of Cloud Principles and container platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, and Redhat Openshift .
- Hands-on experience of Languages like Java-JEE, Node.JS and Go-Lang. Knowledge of data structure implementations in different languages .
- Understanding of Micro-Services Architectures and Principles
- Understanding of API components like Circuit Breakers , Service discovery patterns, and horizontally scalable services .
- Must be aware or worked on distributed log analytics like Splunk, ELK .
- Hands-on experience on Linux environments and virtualization/containerized environments and troubleshooting skillset in Linux/Debian environments .
- Hands-on experience on build systems like Maven and CI/CD toolchain.
- Do you have 2+ years of Java Development related industry experience?
- Have you demonstrated professional expertise in a medium or large Fortune 100 company running an IT Production Operation at scale including Infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage, Security) and Applications (Distributed, Middleware, Databases across all tiers)?
- Do you enjoy your ability to work with Cloud Infrastructures and Platforms including IaaS, PaaS, Cloud technologies and tools for Continuous Delivery (CD)?
- In depth Understanding of Linux functionalities/ features, and good experience of Linux system administration
- Cloud management and administration
- Continuous delivery experience/DevOps/Agile and Other skills
- Proven Diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service restoration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 6:14:48 AM