The role of Head of Strategic Alliances is to successfully lead and develop merchant acquiring alliances and bank partnerships to enable and transform American Express card acceptance across merchant networks in Singapore.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic roadmaps and integrated acquiring models with key banks and third party merchant acquirers to deliver on merchant acceptance goals and metrics. Key to your success will be your ability to deliver scalable growth in the number of merchants actively accepting American Express and subsequent transaction volume resulting from the activation of new merchants.
You will develop and nurture relationships with partners, align on mutual goals and deliverables, and work proactively with their merchant acquiring sales channels to deliver our value proposition and drive cross sell of American Express card acceptance.
Strong enterprise thinking will be critical, as will the ability to quickly build and leverage collaborative relationships across key stakeholders in support of American Express’ coverage expansion strategy.
The successful candidate will ideally have an established network within the banking industry with a proven track record of securing new business, driving innovation and change to deliver significant results. This high visibility role requires an individual with demonstrated skills in partnerships, sales and negotiation, customer management, change management and strategy.
- Develop and implement the coverage roadmap for the Strategic Alliances business that drives scalable growth in the number of merchants actively accepting American Express and subsequent transaction volume across Singapore.
- Negotiate and secure integrated enhanced acquiring models with Strategic Alliance partners that include the implementation of full merchant recruitment, processing and servicing arrangements.
- Build and foster relationships across multiple senior levels with Strategic Alliance partners to strengthen the overall American Express partnership, proposition and relevance within their organisation.
- Manage all contractual, commercial and financial matters and leverage key stakeholder teams on the design and execution of deals to drive growth across the portfolio.
- Deliver robust forecasting and results tracking to be shared across all levels of the business, including senior leaders.
- Define and implement strategies in partnership with Marketing and Issuers to drive activation and billings growth for newly acquired merchants.
- Demonstrate enterprise thinking and collaboration across the company to deliver the desired coverage outcomes and perception of coverage gains.
- Ensure compliance to Acquisition Policies and manage Pricing, Legal and Finance requirements relating to contractual and budgetary matters.
- Continuously identify opportunities that optimise processes and satisfaction for both employee and customer.
- Tertiary qualified with strong banking experience and preferably an established network within the banking industry, ideally within merchant services or merchant acquiring.
- 5+ years’ experience in negotiating and securing new business, contract management with a track record in accelerating sales and delivering outstanding results against sales targets.
- Experience in driving results through partnerships by building and leveraging sales strategies, customer and change management.
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to represent American Express at senior levels in contract negotiations.
- Solid commercial acumen and understanding of the Merchant Acquiring landscape, including the understanding of competitive products, emerging technology, value propositions and the drivers of profitability.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative approach to driving results in a matrix environment.
- High level of personal integrity and excellence, with the ability to build trust and followership quickly.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, persistent and resilient.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019, 2:33:59 AM