There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The Global Merchant team services American Express' large high net worth business partners in India.
The incumbent will be exposed to all functions of servicing from set ups, maintenance, payments & reconciliations, disputes, essentially end to end servicing and this would be an excellent platform to expand knowledge to the multifaceted environment of merchant servicing.
The incumbent should be able to leverage relationships within the business and with our external partners and suppliers, particularly for complex or bespoke enquiries.
This will involve working closely with in almost all of the departments in merchant servicing so a high level knowledge of Merchant Servicing operations is preferred.
1) Managing end to end servicing requests from the market and multiple process units to provide outstanding service to our India based GCG merchant base, especially our high value Global accounts and CLM Merchants
2) Making decisions and proactively resolving merchant and Client Manager enquiries/issues with minimal supervision
3) Communicating with merchants and Client Managers via email, inbound and outbound calls, and internal systems
4) Coordinating and managing projects/requests between external and internal partners
5) Building and maintaining strong relationships with key persons within the merchant's organization
Strong hold on English language is essential as this role will be servicing in that language.
• Excellent written/verbal communication. Majority of communication is via Emails/Calls
• Ability to be pro-active and conduct root cause analysis for recurring problems.
• Clear judgment and decision making skills – ability to balance customer needs with good business sense.
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize multiple tools and technology in a servicing environment.
• Ability to use influencing skills when dealing with escalated issues, using strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills to effectively liaise across business units and teams.
• Ability to own customer issues through to resolution, overcome challenges and know when to seek assistance, match creative solutions to the needs of the customer and clearly explain outcomes to them.
• Team player with ability to effectively deal with shifting priorities and high work volume unsupervised.• Excellent time management skills.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2019, 5:52:48 AM