American Express Careers
We are looking for an experienced DBA with design and development skills to work in a dynamic agile environment to deliver database solutions for our enterprise.
The core technical skills are for an experienced Oracle and Postgres design and development DBA with interest in other databases including NoSQL.
This is a customer facing role partnering with application product teams to dynamically design and deploy business solutions in a rapid responsive manner. As well as customer oriented team skills, plus design and development skills, DBA expertise for performance turning, troubleshooting, evaluating technology options and solutions will be key.
The bulk of the work will be to support database development in both Oracle and Postgres:
- Hands-on experience with design and development across Oracle and EDB Postgres, and ideally some other relational and / or NoSQL databases
- Broader understanding of other Relational & NoSQL Database Technologies and potential to expand into those areas.
- Hands-on expertise with database design both ER Modeling and NoSQL Data Modeling using tools like ERStudio & Hackolade
- Hands-on expertise in DB Performance Tuning, Query Optimization & Troubleshooting
- Knowledge of database build automation techniques (e.g. Liquibase, XLR) is advantageous
- Knowledge of data processing paradigms such as ETL, ELT, replication
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Developing and supporting large-scale, mission-critical databases
Knowledge of PostgreSQL EDB and Oracle and how to employ them in modern hybrid cloud, microservice architectures
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019, 4:07:36 AM