- Engineer Data solutions using NoSQL products (e.g. Cassandra/Couchbase/MapRDB) to support large data processing (TB’s/ PB’s) across Enterprise.
- Play an integral role in building and enhancing the data infrastructure using NoSQL solutions required to support the business portfolio while providing consultation to internal business partners, customers and vendors in assessing data management needs.
- Create enterprise data services API’s that can support high scale ingestion frameworks.
- Provide Platform blueprints using next generation data management tools and technical solutions to support Mission Critical Platforms.
- Communicate the value of NoSQL based solutions and recommendations to non-technical audiences including senior management.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology. communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community.
- Automate all the things - builds, infrastructure and deployments.
- Drive standardization to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Provide level 2 support for core data platform disruptions.
Are you up for the challenge?
- At least 6+ years of strong engineering experience in building Distributed systems.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Strong experience with NoSQL Solutions (e.g. Cassandra/Couchbase/MapRDB)
- Good knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Experience with continuous delivery using Git, Jenkins, Liquibase, jMeter, Terraform etc
- Expertise in hardware systems architecture, storage solutions, and disaster recovery
- Experience with OpenStack or other private ‘cloud’ management solutions.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (KVM, Kubernetes, Containers ..)
- Linux Master Skills
- Experience and knowledge in networking architecture and security. API and REST based Web services development is a plus
- Golang experience is a plus
- Ability to work with team members in multiple geographic locations and time zones.
- High levels of energy, engagement, and ownership. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- On-call support experience
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2019, 3:18:30 PM