American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing tests cases and test automation for various Identity products in order to ensure overall solution quality is solid from functional, security and stability perspectives. You’ll also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner.
You’ll be part of the Customer Identity Security team whose mandate is to develop identity solutions and platforms for American Express customers. Our aim is to build capabilities, processes, and systems that enable our customers to securely access American Express digital experiences including (but not limited to) web sites, mobile apps, and third-party apps. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile environment within a Fortune 100 company.
· Drive opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
· Works with scrum teams to drive improvements in code quality via automated testing, test code review, etc.
· Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software.
· Proactive involvement in the reviewing user stories/specifications for weaknesses in function, security, performance, scalability, testability, and usability aspects and provides recommendations.
· Responsible for developing test cases and thrive for 100% test automation to meet testing of business requirements.
· Monitors and tracks resolution of defects, coordinating with scrum teams in order to prevent, report, and resolve them.
· Designs, monitors, and analyses test results and provide quality metrics such as KPIs, defect counts, etc.
· Identify opportunities to drive innovation and manage product development needs within a fast paced, agile environment
· 3+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on Security testing, Performance testing, Test Automation, and proven ability in writing solid functional and non-functional test cases, and managing defects.
· Experience in test automation of RESTful APIs, Web application is a must.
· Ability to program in Java is a must.
· Solid experience in test automation of security tests, solution/system level tests in CICD environment.
· Exposure to tools like Maven, GIT, Junit/TestNG, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins is a must.
· Exposure to code coverage tools like Cobertura, JaCoCo is a big plus.
· Experience with Agile other rapid application development methods is preferred.
· Experience in working with test automation tools like Selenium, Cucumber, Service Virtualization (LISA) is preferred. JMeter is a big plus.
· Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
· Desire to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
· Exposure in testing any information security products/solutions is highly preferred
· Proficiency in one of the scripting languages Shell/Perl/Python is a big plus
· Any of the following test certifications – CISSP, QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus.
· Bachelor's or master's degree in any of the engineering disciplines, or other Technical disciplines, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2019, 11:35:05 PM