There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Platform Strategy team is looking for a Senior Manager to drive implementation of the open source code development practices within American Express. That’s InnerSource!
Enterprise Platforms: Building the platform for speed and innovation at American Express.
We are on a mission to dramatically improve speed to market, agility and innovation at American Express by:
- Enabling agile prioritization, inner source development and fluid delivery models
- Driving a sustainable platform strategy that adapts to growth and industry trends
- Delivering world-class software and seamless customer experiences.
Are you passionate about new technology and new ways of working? Do you like to collaborate to solve problems and make things better for thousands of colleagues? Platform Strategy is a newly formed team, responsible for developing and executing strategies that bring together people, process, and technology transformation across the Company, as well as for ensuring financial health and transparency within the Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence. You will be a change agent for the adoption of InnerSource development as a way of working across American Express Product and Engineering teams.
- Join the team responsible for implementing InnerSource at scale across Product and Engineering teams by evolving the strategy, approach, and end to end plan over the lifecycle of the initiative.
- Help define “what good looks like” with short- and long-term objectives and key results (OKRs) that measure adoption and progress towards outcomes.
- Collaborate with a passionate squad of cross-org Engineers to set team goals and short-term objectives, ensure cross-pollination of ideas, and bring together collective efforts.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Engineering, and Product teams to map InnerSource journeys and model scenarios.
- Challenge the status quo and solve problems creatively using your toolbox of techniques such as design thinking, use case development, journey mapping, maturity modeling, and benchmarking.
- Bring an outside-in perspective by researching industry best practices and networking with peers to discuss challenges and solutions.
- Develop a holistic change and communications plan that brings together top-down and bottoms up communication, including executive meetings, leadership roadshows, team “lunch and learn” events, etc.
- Tell a compelling story with whichever medium works best; continue to refine communications and training materials as needed.
- Be accountable for the InnerSource website maintenance and monitor the InnerSource Slack channel.
- Meet with pilot teams to support efforts, collect feedback, identify next steps, and synthesize the results.
- Set up and maintain an InnerSource community survey to understand challenges and assess progress made in building a community.
- Help design and maintain InnerSource Champion model as means to increase awareness of InnerSource across community.
- Refine contributor/maintainer role definitions as organizations mature; define and align adoption incentives and clear blockers.
- Help build an awesome culture across Enterprise Platforms by participating in team building and colleague engagement activities.
- You have a recent experience in Tech Strategy, Operational Strategy, and/or Management Consulting.
- You’re an experienced practitioner of Open Source development and bring that mindset to your organization by applying Open Source principles to InnerSource software development.
- You have a robust understanding of and experience with Software Product Development, Engineering, Architecture, and Agile development.
- You are great at distilling information into recommendations, drafting compelling visual stories and communicating ideas succinctly.
- You have a hands-on experience in technology program and project management, including communications management.
- Version Control fluency (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket)
- DevOps experience (Hugo, Docker, Yaml)
- Solid understanding of CI/CD (GitLab CI, Jenkins, Chef or Puppet)
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred. Advanced Degree in Business Administration a plus.
- A minimum of 5-7 years work-related experience in Payments/Information Technology industry strongly preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019, 7:47:19 AM