American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr Mgr-Product Development
American Express is a global services company that provides exceptional products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We create innovative payment solutions that make it easier, safer, and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase what they need.
In this role, you will create upgraded and modernized digital card applications. The key user of our products is any individual or business applying for an American Express card online. Your goal is to reduce customer effort and improve conversion rates so that more people can enjoy the benefits of being an American Express Cardmember. You will work with high performing engineering, design, and product teams. You will have a passion for using technology to solve challenging problems, for bold decision making, and for digital innovation. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
- Define the product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities for International Digital Card Applications for new customers and businesses
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer
- Determine user and stakeholder needs and translate those to product features
- Ensure a simple and smooth customer experience with our products
- Research user experience analytics to identify opportunity areas
- Iteratively deliver product enhancements
- Perform A/B Tests to understand the impact of product changes
- Prioritize feature backlog to ensure that work focuses on the maximum value and product strategy
- Lead the Agile product development process (Lean, SAFe, Kanban) including writing and refining user stories, documenting customer and technical flows, and validating software functionality.
- Keep up to date with industry, competitor, Agile/SAFe methodologies and new trends
- 2+ years’ experience as a product owner or manager within a user-centric, digital product development team
- Advanced understanding of UI/UX principles and what makes for an intuitive user experience
- Ability to analyze user experience metrics to determine priorities, opportunities, and issues with product
- A/B testing experience
- Experience building digital products
- Qualitative and quantitative customer research experience
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles: backlog refinement, sprint planning, writing user stories, MVP, sprint demos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to build positive relationships, and influence decisions with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, engineering, legal, compliance, risk)
- Highly organized with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to summarize complex analyses for various audiences
- An ability to deal with a fast pace and changing needs
- Bachelor’s degree required; Marketing, Business, Economics, Computer Science, or Design
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
The Enterprise Digital Application Experience - Market Foundation team is part of the Enterprise Digital Application organization within Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) at American Express. We are a central team which provides strategy, analytics, and capability development for American Express around the globe. Specifically, our team owns the digital card application products as they are transformed from a legacy platform and UI to an enhanced back-end architecture and responsive front-end design. The goal is to leverage the new capability to enable new and innovative use cases to drive business growth.
At Enterprise Digital & Analytics we place enormous emphasis on users and usability. With our mix of assets such as payments, rewards, benefits, and members-only perks, we are reimagining how commerce and experiences converge in a digital and connected world.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2019, 8:12:22 AM