At American Express, service has been at the core of our company for more than 160 years. In taking care of our customers and merchants, American Express employees view each interaction as an opportunity to deepen a relationship. We aim to not only anticipate and solve customer problems, but importantly, to add value to every interaction. Global Partner and Specialty Services (GPSS) is an enterprise asset to the American Express Global Servicing Network responsible for managing outsourced third party relationships that support our Customers and Merchants with their acquisition, servicing, and fulfillment activities.
The GPSS Reporting & Analytics manager will lead a team of analysts and provide strategic thinking and innovative transformational solutions for the GPSS organization. This is a very high profile role, with regular interaction with the Executive team. The role will include developing and designing data processes to support business requirements that will aid accurate reporting and enable access to data to facilitate analytics. To do this successfully, the manager will need to build a deep understanding of the GPSS business model and programs, have excellent analytical skills and strong relationships at all levels. The manager will also support the team on delivering and enhancing reporting packages for the business operations team and responding to ad hoc analytical requests.
This role will also provide leadership for automation opportunities and work with internal and vendor partner resources to continuously enhance the agent and customer experience with artificial intelligence tools.
- Drive transformation for GPSS reporting
- Work in close collaboration with process owner teams, vendor partners, technologies and MIS COE to ingest/leverage program/process data
- Use data and journey analysis to influence stakeholders on customer and agent experience improvements that will drive results
- Collaborate with stakeholders on reporting and dashboard needs to continuously improve availability of relevant data
- 5+ years’ experience in reporting/data analytics role, prefer prior direct report experience
- Strategic thinker with a curious mindset and comfort working in a "white space" environment to transform processes
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and proven ability to transform reporting
- Working knowledge of big data environment and related tools
- Experience with BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau); SAS, SQL desired
- Experience accessing, querying, analyzing complex datasets across multiple business processes/platforms
- Familiarity with automation tools, machine learning applications, and ability to build business case for prioritization
- Broad understanding of GSG business processes
- Strong analytical background, including a proven ability to translate complex and disparate information to develop a comprehensive and cohesive business model
- Ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Strong ability to operate in a matrix organization and proven ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and business partners proactively
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills, including the ability to negotiate desired outcomes with limited or imperfect data and strong ability to lead without authority
- Core project management skills, experience with Agile development projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Data Science, or related field
- Exposure to Hive, Python, NLP, machine learning is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2019, 2:17:12 PM