American Express Careers
Information Security Analyst
- Analyze, process, and compare data to provide risk-based assessments.
- Focusing on threats originating in information technology environments, the Information Security Analyst will produce actionable information in a clear and concise manner.
- Identify credible, new intelligence and subject matter resources relative to current/emerging threats.
- Perform on-going tracking and monitoring of progress and assist in management reporting on a periodic basis.
- Knowledge of common security controls, and other practices. This knowledge should include an understanding of packet flows, firewall and proxy technologies, basic cloud security best practices, anti-virus, as well as other host-based monitoring, email monitoring, and anti-spam technologies.
- A broad understanding of the terminology, core principles, IT controls and best practices across key risk domains, including: risk assessment methodology, identity and access management, network and infrastructure security, application security, data loss prevention, and incident management.
- Can apply a variety of structured analytic techniques to generate and test a hypothesis, assess cause and effect, challenge analysis, and support decision making.
- Possesses the ability to review information to determine its significance, validate its accuracy and assess its reliability.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to handle multiple work streams and support various team member collaborative projects to completion.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal collaborative skills; and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across teams.
- Ability to analyze complex information and identify the most relevant detail.
- Minimum of 2-3 years Information Technology experience.
- Evaluating and identifying risk.
- Understanding of data protection laws, regulations, policies, and Amex IS and IT standards
- Knowledge in technology security, networking, databases, systems and/or Web.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Recommended Current certifications in CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, PCI
- This is a virtual, work from home position. If you live within 35 miles of one of our service centers (Phoenix, AZ/Sunrise, FL/Salt Lake City, UT), you would be expected to work onsite 2-3 days per week.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 4, 2019, 2:48:04 PM