American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. To maintain success, accelerating sales and driving profitable charge volume growth are essential for the organization. The Operational Excellence team, within GCS, is instrumental in driving these objectives by supporting the core operation functions that underpin GCS. The OE team is responsible for ensuring organizational priorities are executed in a manner consistent with internal policy as well as external/regulatory expectations while enabling business growth, achieving superior customer experience and driving risk mitigation as well as operational efficiencies.
The Manager Assistant will be the Chief of Staff for the GM/Vice President that leads a global team of more than 150+ global colleagues - helping leadership team to track delivery against many critical initiatives for the company and to have fun while doing it. The incumbent will get to see and influence how strategic decisions are made at senior levels in the company, prepare presentations to be showcased across the enterprise, provide recommendations for areas of improvement, and manage a multi-million dollar budget across design, technology and operations expenses.
Thought leader: Be a thought leader for a truly global and diverse business portfolio, identify synergies among multiple business segments, keep team's vision at the core of all functions and help leadership engage with senior leadership and team members.
Talent Management: Assist on new hire on-boarding, maintain team org charts, support performance management processes, and understand the pulse of the organization to make suggestions for improvements as needed.
Running Program Office for VP: Support VP of the organization through running colleague engagement & communications activities, including engagement drives, town hall content & planning, career development activities and organize team building exercises to keep colleague engagement level high
Key Business Indicators: Drive financial and business performance processes, including scorecard initiatives, to ensure team meets business objectives, including Opex tracking and annual financial planning activities.
Strategic projects: Lead multiple strategic projects at the same time to drive business forward and harness external perspective with internal business knowledge
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Strong grasp of the Global Corporate Payments business and industry trends to drive successful strategies
- Strong project management skills: Ability to manage multiple deliverables in a time sensitive environment
- Communication: Superior ability to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various audiences within the organization
- Exceptional MS Excel, PowerPoint and Business analysis skills
- Proven track record of delivering successful projects, widely in PMO capacity
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build alignment among customers and key stakeholders
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Prior experience within Operational Excellence, Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, GCS Business is preferred
- Strong work ethic with a will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- 3 plus years of relevant work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2019, 1:52:04 PM