American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
As part of Big data infrastructure operations, you will work on automating deployment of Platform releases, implement Devops initiatives, maintain and monitor Linux environments across multiple data centers
• Big data clusters setup and maintenance.
• Maintaining High Availability on multiple clusters and across all applications hosted on Big Data infrastructure
• Co-ordinating with vendors and applying patches with limited customer impact.
• Adhering to AmEx standards during the software evaluation & installation.
9+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
• 3-6 year of experience with TCP/IP networking knowledge including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
• 3-6 years of experience with system administrative scripting languages, for example Bash, Python.
B.S or M.S in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or equivalent on the job experience
• Operating systems and Platform support on 24x7 basis
• High Availability systems management at scale
• ITIL based service delivery for Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, Configuration Management
• Operating system Patching, Performance tuning, Unix shell programming, troubleshooting skills.
• Remediating of vulnerabilities that are proactively scanned by the security teams at intervals.
• Automation and preventative maintenance
• Commissioning and Decommissioning - Responsible for all aspects of standing up a server in a new or existing environment, as well as removing systems from an environment at the end of service life. This includes working independently or with other technology groups to meet project milestones and customer requirements.
Experience with open stack is an added advantage
Experience with Ansible and YAML syntax
Experience with Nagios / Icinga system monitoring software
Red Hat certification is mandatory
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2019, 5:49:49 AM