In the wake of the financial crisis, the Federal Reserve instituted an annual stress test of large Bank Holding Companies (including American Express). The aim of this stress testing process, known as Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), is to evaluate whether American Express holds sufficient capital to absorb losses it may experience under adverse macroeconomic conditions. Regulators have paid particular attention to credit loss forecasting under different stress scenarios, and as a result a dedicated cross functional team consisting of Finance and Risk Management professionals has been created to enhance and build out all aspects of the loss provision forecasting process under CCAR.
This is an opportunity to be part of the Risk Finance CCAR team where the individual will directly contribute to the success of the CCAR exercise by owning the projections of credit loss provision and other P&L items for key portfolios within American Express. In addition, the role provides the individual an opportunity to work closely with other organizations involved in CCAR, in particular Risk, Treasury and Corporate Planning.
- Build and maintain loss provision forecasting models used to produce key inputs into AXP regulatory submissions
- Coordinate data inputs and deliverables with partners within the Finance organization responsible for other components of CCAR (e.g. receivables volumes)
- Work closely with Risk professionals developing econometric models for individual portfolios/segments to ensure alignment of inputs/outputs
- Develop analytics at pivotal decision points, providing support and documentation for project decisions
- Enhance the process for forecasting additional credit-driven metrics related to CCAR (delinquency fees, collections expenses)
- Develop and implement sustainable governance and process controls
- Must be able to synthesize complex concepts into understandable business solutions, and demonstrate thought leadership in developing value added analyses
- Must be results driven and proactive with the ability to manage multiple work streams and work within tight timelines
- Able to think strategically and have the relationship skills necessary to partner and drive results in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must have strong Excel skills
- Working knowledge of VBA/SQL or other programming experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge or exposure to CECL Methodology is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019, 11:54:59 AM