The Credit & Fraud Risk Finance team is responsible for the planning, forecasting, and analysis of worldwide Loss Provision and Credit Reserves. Risk Finance provides credit-related decision support to Risk Management, regional Finance teams, and the business teams on underwriting, customer management, and credit and collections activities.
This finance role will be responsible for developing forecasts, and reporting and communicating monthly results for US Consumer Early Write-offs, as well as assessing the impact of Global Crisis Events. This Manager will also oversee the Senior Financial Analyst responsible for Global Collections and Worldwide Recoveries Planning, Forecasting & Reporting.
- Partner with RIM, GSN, and Finance teams to gain a better understanding of strategic initiatives and drive key analytics that can be leveraged to inform business decisions.
- Provide credit-related analytical support for Risk Management, in partnership with the Global Servicing Network
- Provide decision-support with a strong emphasis on developing analytics that identify trends in the portfolio which can be used to optimize Business and Risk decisions
- Oversee forecasting and analysis of Global Outside Agency Fees and Recoveries
- Build core competency in analyzing data at the customer level (primarily via SQL)
- Develop and present key analyses and recommendations to senior management
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support as required
4+ years of relevant finance / business work experience
Bachelor's Degree required
Must be results-driven and proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects and work within tight timelines
Desire to work on ambiguous projects, creating clarity while driving successful and meaningful outcomes
A strong work-ethic and robust interpersonal skills, showcasing the ability to build relationships, develop others and demonstrate leadership both within finance team as well as with business partners
Superior attention to detail, along with exemplary organizational and problem solving skills
Experience working with an advanced level of Excel (including financial modeling) and PowerPoint required
Experience working with any of the following is a plus: SQL, Python/R, Tableau, VBA, TM1
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 4, 2019, 7:42:35 AM