American Express Global Client Group (GCG) services the top 150 Global Corporate Clients across various industries.
The Manager, Account Development, is responsible for the overall growth, retention and deepening of client relationships within strategic accounts in GCG. The Manager provides Clients with strategic and proactive consultation on a variety of business objectives and payment solutions. The Manager will identify, develop and manage multiple relationships across the Client’s organization in order to ensure strong collaboration and prioritization and of key initiatives. The candidate will focus on deepening strategic account relationships and growing the corporate payments spend in a portfolio of various accounts ranging across industries.
- Originate new business opportunities within existing key client relationships
- Close coordination and communication will be required with the Product team, Account Management and Sales team, and Operations team.
- Lead the development of strategic business plans in collaboration with the client, collaborate and coordinate the efforts of our global colleagues to ensure the development and delivery of program metrics, create and deliver executive level presentations, and drive proactive recommendations to solve complex business challenges (i.e., travel and procurement spend/investment optimization, process improvement, purchasing savings and employee engagement & productivity).
- Consistently define the next-generation vision for the client’s program which includes increasing customer loyalty, cross selling, providing industry perspective and recommendations to customers through meaningful data analysis.
- Strategic thinker who seeks to understand clients' opinions, positions, and emotions to solve problems and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, anticipating and overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Combines a depth of payment expertise with a consultative approach to build clients’ trust and fuel their success
- Responds to appropriate client issues rapidly and effectively and ensure delivery of prompt and expert service to clients
- Strengthen senior client relationships, identifying gaps in relationship stacking and strategies to bridge them.
- Collaborate with global partners across the Blue Box (e.g., Product, Risk, Operations, Pricing, Sales, Technology, etc) to strengthen GCS value proposition for clients
- Manage client escalations including operational issues
- Leads through trust, transparency and collaboration. Ability to quickly establish credibility and effective working relationships with direct reports, various customer contacts and key influencers
- Solid strategic, consultative and communication skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills (e.g., Ability to define and review pricing strategies/sell in to clients)
- Experience Leading And Executing On Sales Strategies, Presentations And Subsequent Negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a solid ability to acquire knowledge and present products and financials
- Global experience preferably with large complex global organizations
- Ability to operate in fluid environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to travel
- Ideal candidate must reside in tri-state area (NY/NJ/CT)
- This role requires strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to plan and execute against strategic objectives.
- Core competencies include strong customer facing capabilities, commercial card industry knowledge and experience and the ability to understand the technical aspects of commercial cards as well as strong leadership and sales skills.
- PowerPoint and Excel skills are required for preparation of meeting materials.
- Analyze individual company spend profile, validate against benchmarks and develop account expansion strategy.
- Conduct periodic strategic account reviews with decision makers and key stakeholders within each company periodically.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2019, 12:01:28 PM